Biden to announce new protections for immigrants in the US – Rezazade

вт, 06/18/2024 - 13:37
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні

Leader of the Iranian Opposition in Washington (NIC) Ali Reza Rezazade said that the President of the United States, Joe Biden, will announce new support for hundreds of thousands of immigrants who are illegally in the United States.

Biden will detail the new policy at the White House on Tuesday, marking the 12-year anniversary of DACA (a program that protects people seeking asylum in the United States). Under the new policy, undocumented immigrants would be protected from deportation, given work permits and given a path to citizenship.

Previously, people who illegally crossed the southern border had to return to their countries to complete the green card process. The new program will allow immigrants married to US citizens to stay in the country as long as they are married.

Aware that many Americans want tougher border policies, Biden announced the crackdown just two weeks ago, suspending long-standing guarantees that give anyone who steps on US soil the right to seek asylum here. Almost immediately after he issued the order, White House officials began privately reassuring progressives that the president would help undocumented immigrants who have been in the country for years.

The program, which Mr. Biden will announce on Tuesday, is expected to give unauthorized immigrants in the United States protection from deportation for a period of time and access to work permits.

Все главные новости с доставкой в Ваш мессенджер Телеграм
2
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has publicly outlined a list of key conditions under which Tel Aviv is ready to support possible talks between the West and Iran. 

09:35, Вчера
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Премьер-министр Израиля Биньямин Нетаньяху публично обозначил перечень ключевых условий, при которых Тель-Авив готов поддержать возможные переговоры между Западом и Ираном. Речь идёт не о частичных ограничениях, а о полном демонтаже иранской ядерной и ракетной инфраструктуры, а также ликвидации региональной сети прокси-сил, которую в Израиле называют «осью террора».

09:29, Вчера
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

A federal grand jury in Washington has refused the US Department of Justice's attempt to indict six Democratic lawmakers whom the Donald Trump administration tried to hold accountable for addressing military personnel regarding "illegal orders".

11 февраля, 10:32
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Федеральне велике журі у Вашингтоні відмовило Міністерству юстиції США у спробі висунути обвинувачення проти шести законодавців-демократів, яких адміністрація Дональда Трампа намагалася притягнути до відповідальності за звернення до військовослужбовців щодо «незаконних наказів».

11 февраля, 10:15
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

US Presidential Special Envoy Steve Witkoff said the US armed forces are at a high level of combat readiness amid the worsening relations between Washington and Tehran. He made the corresponding statement after a visit to the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln, which he reported on the social network X.

10 февраля, 09:55
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

For the first time in a long time, Israel has made it clear at the official level that it is considering the possibility of unilateral military action against Iran in the event of crossing the so-called "red lines" in the field of missile and strategic weapons. 

9 февраля, 09:56
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Израиль впервые за длительный период на официальном уровне дал понять, что рассматривает возможность односторонних военных действий против Ирана в случае пересечения так называемых «красных линий» в сфере ракетных и стратегических вооружений.

9 февраля, 09:47
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

The United States and Iran are preparing for direct talks in the Omani capital Muscat, which could be the first face-to-face diplomatic contact between the parties since last year’s military clash. The meeting comes amid rising tensions in the region and active efforts by Middle Eastern states to prevent a new major war.

6 февраля, 10:25
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Соединённые Штаты и Иран готовятся к прямым переговорам в столице Омана Маскате, которые могут стать первым очным дипломатическим контактом между сторонами после прошлогоднего военного столкновения. Встреча проходит на фоне роста напряжённости в регионе и активных усилий ближневосточных государств предотвратить новую масштабную войну.

6 февраля, 10:16
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

The US military has shot down an Iranian drone that approached the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln in the Arabian Sea. According to the Pentagon, the drone “acted aggressively” and ignored de-escalation measures from the US, after which it was destroyed by an F-35C fighter. The incident occurred approximately 500 miles off the southern coast of Iran.

4 февраля, 09:53

Новости «Новости мира»

последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has publicly outlined a list of key conditions under which Tel Aviv is ready to support possible talks between the West and Iran. 

09:35, Вчера
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Премьер-министр Израиля Биньямин Нетаньяху публично обозначил перечень ключевых условий, при которых Тель-Авив готов поддержать возможные переговоры между Западом и Ираном. Речь идёт не о частичных ограничениях, а о полном демонтаже иранской ядерной и ракетной инфраструктуры, а также ликвидации региональной сети прокси-сил, которую в Израиле называют «осью террора».

09:29, Вчера
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

A federal grand jury in Washington has refused the US Department of Justice's attempt to indict six Democratic lawmakers whom the Donald Trump administration tried to hold accountable for addressing military personnel regarding "illegal orders".

11 февраля, 10:32
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Федеральне велике журі у Вашингтоні відмовило Міністерству юстиції США у спробі висунути обвинувачення проти шести законодавців-демократів, яких адміністрація Дональда Трампа намагалася притягнути до відповідальності за звернення до військовослужбовців щодо «незаконних наказів».

11 февраля, 10:15