Pentagon Scandal: Spokesperson Removed After Jackie Robinson Article Removed – Rezazade

пт, 03/21/2025 - 10:57
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні

Ali Reza Rezazade, the leader of the Iranian opposition in Washington, notes that a scandal has erupted in the United States over the Defense Department’s decision to remove an article about Jackie Robinson, the first African-American in baseball history to serve in the U.S. military, from its website. After a wave of criticism on social media and in the media, Pentagon spokesman John Ulliot was removed from his post.

According to sources familiar with the situation, Ulliot will move to another position in the Defense Department and work on “special projects.” He declined to comment on his removal.

Ulliot, who held important communications positions during Donald Trump’s first term, became known for his aggressive defense of policies aimed at opposing programs promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). His statement about removing the Robinson article was confrontational and only added fuel to the fire, fueling further outrage.

Since Trump’s return to power, his administration has been aggressively removing any mention of DEI from federal structures. Last month, the Pentagon issued an order to purge all digital resources of such content. This came shortly after the dismissal of several senior officials whom the Trump team considered “too focused on diversity issues.”

In his statement, Ulliot did not explain whether the removal of articles about Robinson and other heroes was in error. However, he said that in the event of any “erroneous or excessive” actions to remove materials, they would be corrected so that the Pentagon “honors our heroes for their service.”

His removal came after the arrival of a new spokesman, Sean Parnell, a longtime ally of Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth. Parnell is now the one holding public briefings, while Ulliot has since stepped back.

Parnell posted a video on Platform X on Thursday in which he acknowledged that some important content was mistakenly removed during a DEI review. He said that the use of artificial intelligence was also to blame.

“History is not DEI. If content is removed by mistake or intentionally, we work quickly to restore it,” Parnell stressed.

Все главные новости с доставкой в Ваш мессенджер Телеграм
2
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

The US president is considering the possibility of an initial limited military strike on Iran as a pressure tool to force Tehran to agree to a new nuclear deal. According to US media, this is a targeted operation against individual military or government facilities, which could take place in the coming days if a corresponding decision is made.

10:22, Вчера
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Statements by US Vice President J.D. Vance about preventing the emergence of nuclear weapons in Iran and warning Israel about its readiness to act independently indicate that the situation around Tehran has entered a new, much more tense phase. Washington openly declares: a nuclear Iran is an unacceptable scenario for global security.

19 февраля, 10:57
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Заявления вице-президента США Джей Ди Вэнса о недопущении появления у Ирана ядерного оружия и предупреждение Израиля о готовности действовать самостоятельно свидетельствуют о переходе ситуации вокруг Тегерана в новую, значительно более напряжённую фазу.

19 февраля, 10:51
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

The release of a new massive batch of materials in the Jeffrey Epstein case has become a catalyst for political and reputational upheaval in Western elites. 

18 февраля, 10:19
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has publicly outlined a list of key conditions under which Tel Aviv is ready to support possible talks between the West and Iran. 

16 февраля, 09:35
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Премьер-министр Израиля Биньямин Нетаньяху публично обозначил перечень ключевых условий, при которых Тель-Авив готов поддержать возможные переговоры между Западом и Ираном. Речь идёт не о частичных ограничениях, а о полном демонтаже иранской ядерной и ракетной инфраструктуры, а также ликвидации региональной сети прокси-сил, которую в Израиле называют «осью террора».

16 февраля, 09:29
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

A federal grand jury in Washington has refused the US Department of Justice's attempt to indict six Democratic lawmakers whom the Donald Trump administration tried to hold accountable for addressing military personnel regarding "illegal orders".

11 февраля, 10:32
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Федеральне велике журі у Вашингтоні відмовило Міністерству юстиції США у спробі висунути обвинувачення проти шести законодавців-демократів, яких адміністрація Дональда Трампа намагалася притягнути до відповідальності за звернення до військовослужбовців щодо «незаконних наказів».

11 февраля, 10:15
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

US Presidential Special Envoy Steve Witkoff said the US armed forces are at a high level of combat readiness amid the worsening relations between Washington and Tehran. He made the corresponding statement after a visit to the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln, which he reported on the social network X.

10 февраля, 09:55
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

For the first time in a long time, Israel has made it clear at the official level that it is considering the possibility of unilateral military action against Iran in the event of crossing the so-called "red lines" in the field of missile and strategic weapons. 

9 февраля, 09:56

Новости «Новости мира»

последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

The US president is considering the possibility of an initial limited military strike on Iran as a pressure tool to force Tehran to agree to a new nuclear deal. According to US media, this is a targeted operation against individual military or government facilities, which could take place in the coming days if a corresponding decision is made.

10:22, Вчера
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Statements by US Vice President J.D. Vance about preventing the emergence of nuclear weapons in Iran and warning Israel about its readiness to act independently indicate that the situation around Tehran has entered a new, much more tense phase. Washington openly declares: a nuclear Iran is an unacceptable scenario for global security.

19 февраля, 10:57
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

Заявления вице-президента США Джей Ди Вэнса о недопущении появления у Ирана ядерного оружия и предупреждение Израиля о готовности действовать самостоятельно свидетельствуют о переходе ситуации вокруг Тегерана в новую, значительно более напряжённую фазу.

19 февраля, 10:51
последние новости в Украине останні новини в Україні Новости мира

The release of a new massive batch of materials in the Jeffrey Epstein case has become a catalyst for political and reputational upheaval in Western elites. 

18 февраля, 10:19